Tuesday 13 January 2009

Just things!!!

New tenants have just moved in.
We have this lovely thorn tree
growing outside our bedroom window.
Now we have the first bird nest which was built
this morning.





I decided to help the poor guy to make
his nest cosy and cut some batting in thin strips
and put them out for him.
Made sure he saw them and here he
is collecting them. if you look carefully you can see him in the centre of the ground patch as I dont know how to enlarge it to see him better. When there was none
left he cheekily tjurped for more, so I cut
some more and now late this afternoon they
are happily settled in the nest.

2 comments:

Vicki ♥ said...

Oh wow Sue....how wonderful to watch this and in your own yard too!! I so love the birds and we are lucky to have 3 Tawny Frogmouth owls who perch in one of our trees every day and at night they are gone of course...off to catch their dinner. What sort of bird is it that is building its nest?

Debs said...

That is so lovely Sue. I am tickled pink how he took you up on your kind offer of the bits for the nest. One very smart bird.

Thaankful!

Found a very nice fish añd chips shop nearby us.  Its my Birthday month and I started a new small cross stitch patte...