Sunday 18 October 2009

Lovely day in the veld.

Took the dogs for a swim in a local
dam called "Koos Louw Dam". they sure had fun and
Bella just loves all the swimming.















These I found on the roadside and
they look white but when closed they
are a lilac color


Here it is even closer but I have no clue
what its local name is. Will have to find
out from one of the older generation that
knows the name.






These are chinkerinchee's (star of Bethlehem)
is growing in the garden and all over in the veld
where there is still some small bits of water around.
These are the last of the flower season and now it
is going to be hot and dry.





2 comments:

Quiltin' Sandy said...

Hi Susan, It is so nice to see pics of other parts of the world! Pretty flowers, too- is the red one a nasturtian? we used to grow them when I was small, and I liked the peppery taste of the leaves. Some people use them in salads. Your lake looks lovely. :0)

Gloria said...

Very nice Susan
Looks like a beautiful place to visit. The flowers are very pretty too.

Thaankful!

Found a very nice fish añd chips shop nearby us.  Its my Birthday month and I started a new small cross stitch patte...