Sunday 3 July 2011

The Quilt Show in Stellenbosch and my projects


Went to the Quilt Show in Stellenbosch yesterday and it was one of those special days for me, everything quilts quilts and more quilts. There were quilts made in every way one could think of, machine quilting hand quilting even some lovely art quilts. Well of course there were the vendors too. Just love them and am so thankful that they also have stalls there with all the supplies that us quilters need as we, now those that live far from large cities, have to always get fabrics over the post. Thank you to all of you and also all the designers who also supply us with lots of inspiration and also free patterns.


This is the back of a mini quilt I made for a swap in USA




























Front of mini quilt.
















This is a Row by Row wallhanging and my second choice with the log cabin swapped around



This is the version that I prefer with the turquiose at the bottom


4 comments:

Shirlwin said...

Lovely work! What size is the mini quilt?

Pip said...

I like the bottom version best as well. Quilt shows are so great, especially when you live far away from the shops, there is nothing better than seeing and touching the things that you read about.

Susan said...

Yes, I like the bottom option better too. I can imagine that the quilt shows are so important to those who cannot just drive 10minutes to a shop! (lucky me sometimes)

MulticoloredPieces said...

Stopped by from "stitchin' fingers" and enjoyed your blog and quilts while hugging the AC (over 100 F. today in Tunisia). Thanks for sharing!
best, nadia

Thaankful!

Found a very nice fish añd chips shop nearby us.  Its my Birthday month and I started a new small cross stitch patte...