Saturday 15 February 2014

Crazy Quilt nearly there and life!!!!!!



Well all here I have the whole crazy quilt all of the 250x250cm square at my feet. I have joined the two pieces together and am busy embroidering the last joining seam. I still cannot believe that this journey is nearing the end. Its been very hot here lately and I have very sore fingers at the moment so I am not working on it this whole weekend. hehehehe It is just such a strange feeling having all this hard work together at last and have a feeling with all this at my feet "I feel so rich". Will post picture when done.

On facebook these last few days I have been able to reconnect with lots of my cousins on my Dad's side of the family and its just great. We have not had contact in years because my parents got divorced when I was very young and we had mostly contact with my Mom's side of the family, which was 2 sisters and 10 brothers of which there is only one brother left, just great to be able to get to know them all over again. My Dad had a huge family of, if my memory is correct, hehehe in most cases its not, 3 sons and 10 daughters, so I have a huge family with lots of cousins who I have never met. So now there are only 6 sisters left and funny enough they still remember me, well when I was that cute blond girl.
Life just has a way of coming round and to me it feels like after completing with this crazy quilt I am able to face the world without the heartache of missing my parents, much easier.

No comments:

Thaankful!

Found a very nice fish añd chips shop nearby us.  Its my Birthday month and I started a new small cross stitch patte...