Saturday 25 February 2017

Life is changing around here

We have decided to relocate to be nearer our daughter. We are getting older and the distance to visit is just too far. So we put our house up for sale and I knew someone that was interested in buying a house, well I told them on Friday and Monday they had a look and bought it immediately all cash and the only condition was that we have to vacate it end March. So now we are moving cross country to Port Alfred in the Eastern Cape. A lovely seaside town. Then we don't have to travel over 1000km to go visit the kids and grandkids. We realize that time moves on and the kids also agree we need to be closer to one of them. Well our son is in Upington and that is not an option, but my daughter wants us to be near to her, so here we go. At this age its not easy to relocate to another place after living here for 20 years now, but we are doing it while we still am able to do so ourselves instead of having the kids come and just take over everything which is a lot of strain on them.

I am now in the process of sorting thru all my stuff I have collected over 20 years and its just so much work, uhm think I will have to take control of this fabric addiction very quickly. And now starts a new journey for us and am looking forward to it.


Bridge in Port Alfred

No comments:

Thaankful!

Found a very nice fish añd chips shop nearby us.  Its my Birthday month and I started a new small cross stitch patte...