Tuesday 1 November 2011

Sad News lately!

Lets start with all my sad news and then the nice news.
My sister has a tumor in her neck and it has caused her losing the use of her
hand and now its growing down to the lungs and ribs.
I am still recovering from a vertigo virus (Middle ear infection) and
also had a anxiety attack, at the end of August and the dr said it
will take a long time to go away. I have now started driving again after
2 months and its just great, we do live in a small town and traffic
is not very busy. Its much better now but still around, sometimes
the dizzyness is still bad but I am at  home and can go and rest
when it gets too bad.
My Mom was in hospital for a check up of her heart and while she was
there my stepfather had a stroke while visiting her. He was also in the same hospital
for a few days. He is okay and at home, but sadly he has demensia.
But the sad news is that my Mom passed
away on the 7th October, 2011. I was lucky to be there to say goodbye although
she was not able to talk to me, because she went into a semi coma by the time I got
to her because we had to fly up to Johannesburg and our plane was delayed by
 4 hours because of a huge thunderstorm.
She did hold my hand and also had tears coming out of her eyes which were closed by then.
My son was in accident, car a wrote off, but on the bright
side he was not hurt at all.
Well I did not just hang around, I got busy and started a hexagon throw because I was able to
crochet a bit with my eyes being a bit out of focus and have now completed 252 hexigons and made
them into 36 large hexigons which I am now going to join but have run out of black wool and nothing
available in this small town. I have also slowly been embroidering but have nothing to show yet. Also this last week
I did some of my crazy blocks basics again. Well I have been recovering from all my problems and have
been so lucky to have the support of my wonderful hubby and kids. So Thank You Lord for all the Loved Ones
in my life and also all my family and friends.

10 comments:

Vicki ♥ said...

My goodness Susan...did you all run over 10 chinamen? That is a lot of terrible things happen for your family. I am so sorry to hear about your Mother and I send you many hugs and prayers. I hope your virtico thingy goes away real soon and you at least will be back to your old self. Stay safe and take it easy. Hugs Vicki x

Lucky-1 said...

Gosh Sue, you have had a rough time of late. I am so sorry about your mum passing. Very please to read your son is okay. Chin up sweetie....wishing you a better tomorrow and many more to follow.
HUGGLES
Lucky

Shirlwin said...

((((Sue)))) you certainly have had a time of it. May the coming weeks bring a vast improvment!

Susan said...

On no, Susan I am so sorry to hear about your Mum and your sister - they do say bad things come in 3s so hopefully you have had your share for now. Take Care - hope you get better real soon.

Anonymous said...

LORNA D IN KZN

Wow, you sure have had a rough deal but keep the faith and hope things are being a bit easier for you. Prayers for you and your family.

Pip said...

You have been having a rough trot lately, very sorry to hear of your mother's passing, thinking good thoughts for you. Take care..

cheryl said...

Sue, am so sorry for the horrendous year, my wishes are for you to make a recovery and be strong for the family. Hugs, Cheryl

Astrid said...

Sue, I'm so sorry about the loss of your mother and all the other problems you have gone through lately! You are in my thoughts! Take good care of yourself and remember the sun will shine tomorrow!

Susan said...

Thanks everyone. I am now much better and things can only get better. Stitching away helps keep my mind busy. Still working on my 25 crazy quilt basic blocks and have completed 18. Getting there slowly.

Liz said...

Just read of your terrible time you have been having. Sorry about your mum and do hope your vertigo improves. Hugs and prayers.t

Thaankful!

Found a very nice fish añd chips shop nearby us.  Its my Birthday month and I started a new small cross stitch patte...