Thursday 31 January 2013

My embroidery corner and sewing room

I have just got some more shelves and it just looks great, but now I have lots of sorting to do as I dont want the plastic shelves around but they have stuff in that needs to be sorted and packed away. Just love that all my baskets are on top of the shelves. Each of them has a story. Still embroidering away and have finished the block with daughter's wedding photo and now onto the next one. O nearly forgot that the fires that we had in the Cederberg Mountains here on our side have been put out.
This is where I sit and do my embroidery with all my goodies around. Its in my diningroom and has lots of light during the day. We never use the diningroom anyway so I have taken over half. hehehehehe

5 comments:

Marelize Ries said...

Your shelves are so spacious, and I like that you have so much wall space to put them up..nice!

Karen's Korner said...

Great sewing area - nice to have your own space to leave what you are doing and be able to pick up again. Happy sorting.

barb's creations said...

Must be that time of year where everyone including me is getting their sewing room sorted.Love the new shelving and your sewing corner where you sit and sew looks very cosy :) Barb.

Astrid said...

We never get too many shelves or containers, do we?! In our house, I have taken over the dining table! :)

Susan said...

Thanks for the comments. I have now been able to sort more out and have got the plastic shelves all sorted out and found a nice space for them. I have a cot, that was mine as a baby, and put a door ontop of it which is now where all my cutting and planning takes place in the centre and its just the right height for me, I am tall.
Anyway underneath inside the cot there is lots of space which I have now put my plastic shelves.

Thaankful!

Found a very nice fish añd chips shop nearby us.  Its my Birthday month and I started a new small cross stitch patte...