Friday 20 December 2013

Wow still embroidering!!!

Wow still embroidering slowly but surely. It is very hot here and temps are over the 40*C daily here and its is a bit warm under all this fabric on my lap.
 I am trying to work something in the mornings. Hubby and I were chatting this morning how just more and more ideas of embroidery possibilities are still coming in my head for the finishing of the crazy quilt. I have decided that I did not want the separate blocks to show but will embroider over them to have a nice overall crazy quilt. Here is what I am doing. Using some of the embroidery that I did on the blocks and taking it further over the other blocks to form a nice overall flow. 

Here is where I have added more of the same embroidery
over the seams to have a continues flow of
embroidery and not block by block

Here I joined the blocks with a lovely bright green leave and
shades of pink french knots. The leaves came out great.
I did a long stitch and then went over that with a chain stitch
and then using the weaving technique I wove these lovely leaves
through all three legs.
uhm thinking I will have to make some more of these in the rest of the
quilt as it was so nice and easy and also fun to see that the leaves
did not all turn out to be exactly the same. 

Here the 4 seams come together just to show that
I am now embroidering on the seams after joining
my blocks together

Joining at the new seams



Last but not least, at last I have now wrapped all
the Christmas gifts and just hoping the grandsons will
enjoy them. 






No comments:

Thaankful!

Found a very nice fish añd chips shop nearby us.  Its my Birthday month and I started a new small cross stitch patte...