Friday 10 May 2013

A crazy Quilt - Are you crazy?

I am not one for sharing my world of thinking on my blog, it was just meant for a show and tell. Well I was asked about a crazy quilt and it got me thinking. As Qubby (short for quilting husband)says here comes trouble.

I always said that a crazy quilt was not something I would ever do but dont ever say never. hehehehe That sure was meant for me.

I have been busy with lots of other things except thinking that I would ever make one.

The quilting group that I belonged too, decided to make a crazy quilt wallhanging for one of the members who lost her hubby suddenly and that got me hooked. Well since then I have been collecting fabrics all nice satin velvet and and, well what more can I say I continued with threads ribbons and beads all for my planned crazy quilt and now my dear Qubby was in trouble real big time as I went about collecting all this goodies, I just had to have this and that for my crazy quilt. hehehehe well you all know its very expensive to embroider a real nice crazy quilt.
Well he forgave me as he started to get into the crazy thing. I have decided not to use too much beads as they tend to cut the thread from movement and use. It was going to be on our bed, but since the embroidery started I realized that this dream of mine is going to be way to heavy to sleep under. So now it will be hanging on the wall. I do make shoudlers for all my quilts so that I can hang them if I wanted to. Well with all the support around me, the quilting group, my special bestest friend which lives very far from me, and family, and just friends and people interested in what I was getting up to. hehehe In this small town people think I am always up to something, why I dont know. Anyway, I started this journey and its been going on for 2 1/2 years now. Well thats long but one must take into account that I took a year to get all the basic blocks done, during which time I lost my Mom and also got very sick and could not stitch for 4 months, boy that was terrible. Anyway I started out saying that I am not going to have any photos in my quilt, happily I decided to take the step and add photos. Well good move. I started with my Mother and it helped me get over the heartsore time and remember all the fun times together, which was much more than sad times. It was a very healing block for me and then my Dad and so on. Well also had to put in the other half of the family and that was Qubby's parents.
It was also great fun getting to know them. Qubby's sisters helped me with info and they sure also went down the memory lane for this. So its just so nice that the crazy has added some more sentimental value to all involved. Gee will have to continue this further as this is getting bored reading all about it for so long. Thanks for being so patient with me.

2 comments:

Marelize Ries said...

I am so glad you shared this. Its a really going to a beautiful quilt, I'm sure lots of memories too.

Susan said...

Its interesting to read how you started this good on you!

Thaankful!

Found a very nice fish añd chips shop nearby us.  Its my Birthday month and I started a new small cross stitch patte...