Friday 1 June 2007







Friends have been and now all I have is dirty linen. It was great to see them after 3 years and we had a lovely visit. I now have to wash the linen but the weather is not very pleasant and warm. I have to get into working mode now and get all my sewing projects done.

I have the winter quilt that I have been working on today and which is almost done.


I will finish it tomorrow. Then I need to finish my stitchery by Thursday.

Being relocated to another town always seems to be very traumatic for some people and they seem to be unable to adjust to the new life. We have relocated a few times and am now retired and plan to stay here for the rest of our lives. Sometimes it is very heart breaking to leave dear friends behind, but I somehow find that that changes over time and a person starts getting excited at the propect of gaining more friends and not losing old friends but make sure you keep in contact with the old.

It seems that the kids are also very well adjusted to change and they dont seem to have any problems. I think it helped them to be more open to interact with people more easily. I used to love the challenge to get some new friends along the way and I still have lots of old friends around and keep in contact with a telephone and the telephone bill is proof of it. Hubby is forever moaning about the high account. But I just love to hear a friends voice over the telephone.

Now we are here to stay. I have lots of friends quilting and non quilting and they are all wonderful people and make life in the country very interesting.

No comments:

Thaankful!

Found a very nice fish añd chips shop nearby us.  Its my Birthday month and I started a new small cross stitch patte...